The Last of Us, which Sony developed exclusively for PlayStation in 2013, has recently been released for PC. The production, which many PC gamers were eagerly waiting for, was disappointing due to optimization and gameplay problems. Now, a major The Last of Us update has been released. Let’s take a look at the details of the news together.
A 14.2 GB update has been released for The Last of Us!
The Last of Us Part 1, which will first come to the PC platform on March 3, was postponed to March 28. According to the company’s statement, the delay was due to a quality control issue, and the studio wanted the game to launch on PC in the best possible way. However, the production, which had a very unsuccessful debut despite the delay, disappointed the players and was subjected to negative comments on Steam.
Now, producer Naughty Dog has released a large-scale update to fix the game’s poor performance. The Last of Us update fixes many bugs in the game and includes optimization improvements. Of course, it is not yet possible to say how much the game has recovered after the newly released update.
The highlights of The Last of Us update patch notes are as follows:
- Fixed a crash that could occur in version 220.127.116.11 during shader loads when launching the game for the first time.
- Fixed a common crash that randomly occurred during gameplay.
- Updated texture stream to reduce CPU usage.
- Fixed an issue that caused the textures of some artifacts and weapon skins to not render properly.
- Fixed an issue that caused player and friendly characters to suddenly appear wet during gameplay.
- Fixed an issue that caused animations to not load during gameplay.
- Added increased active loading to reduce loading times in game progression.
- Fixed an issue that caused the camera orientation to deviate to the cursor position after exiting the pause menu.
In addition, the developers of the game made the following statement:
“As our partners at Naughty Dog and Iron Galaxy, we are closely monitoring player reports to support future improvements and patches. We are actively optimizing, working on game stability and applying additional fixes that will be included in future updates. Please contact support if you have problems so we can collect more data.”
You can also find the full details of the update by clicking here. So what do you think about this news? Do not forget to share your views with us in the Comments section.