The GoFundMe page, created by John Amos’s daughter Shannon Amos to raise $500,000 for “legal, medical, future housing and care costs” for her father, was shut down shortly after the incident. good times And roots The star accused him of elder abuse earlier this week.
As of Sunday morning, the GoFundMe page that was once intended to help John after allegations of being a victim of “elder abuse and financial exploitation” is no longer viewable.
The initial campaign had raised more than $13,000 of its $500,000 goal, with more than 300 donations as of Thursday.
Don’t miss any stories — sign up for PEOPLE’s free daily newsletter to keep up to date with the best PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to interesting stories that interest people.
Shannon previously wrote on Instagram that she received a “sad call” from her father that she was in “extreme pain” at a Memphis hospital and was told she was “hanging by a thread”.
He added that at the time he was working with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation to “ensure their prosecution and protect my father’s future,” and also claimed that the victimization was “believed to have been committed by a trusted caregiver.”
However, 83-year-old John accused Shannon of abusing the elderly in a video shared on social media by his son, KC Amos.
“He would be the primary suspect – if you will,” John said in a video taken from a hospital bed. “I don’t know if that’s the right term. But he’s the one to attribute my elder abuse to. It’s definitely a case of elder abuse.”
John has since told PEOPLE privately that he was “going well” in the wake of Shannon’s allegations. “I want to share this video with you to show all my fans that I am not in the distress described on the GoFundMe page,” he said.
“I’m not in ICU and I’ve never fought for my life,” John added. “… I want the GoFundMe campaign about me to be stopped immediately and then the funds returned to the donors. My son and I will reveal more information at the appropriate time.”
As John accuses his daughter of abusing the elderly, a representative of Shannon told PEOPLE: “Ms. Amos is discouraged by the continued false and defamatory statements made against her by or on her behalf by or in connection with social media-based news. Mr. Kelly KC Amos’s media posts. … She is investigating all legal remedies available to her. Ms. Amos hopes this matter will be resolved soon through the appropriate authorities.”
As for the video he took from a hospital bed on Thursday, John was asked on the phone by a caller – possibly from law enforcement or a legal team – what problems he was having. He replied by explaining why he was in the hospital.
“I am not in the hospital for any reason that has happened recently, except that I was hospitalized about a month ago for suffering from water retention and a few other issues – all of which has been fixed or at least addressed,” John said.
“I am very talented and have a lot of confidence in the doctors I have here and the medical staff my son gathers around me. That’s why I feel so good,” he continued. “My main issues are I feel like I have some ongoing issues with my daughter, who I thought took advantage of me, before I went into the hospital.”
KC’s video, which was posted on both TikTok and Instagram, was cut before John could go into more detail, but KC captioned the clip, stating “there are many different aspects of this situation.”