Your communication with your partner while in a relationship, the love and respect you have for him is very important. Do not forget that the basis of a relationship is not only love but also respect, and when you skip this foundation, the dynamics in your relationship will change completely. So how to show mutual ‘respect’ in a relationship? 15 ways to respect your partner in a relationship
1. Listen carefully to your partner’s needs, wants, and concerns
It is very important in a relationship to observe their mutual needs, understand what they want and be able to respond to it. You should listen to your partner’s needs and wishes for a healthy relationship and fulfill them as you can.
2. Speak words of thanks, appreciation, and gratitude not only for what your spouse has done, but also for who your spouse is
First, show that you appreciate your partner for their personality, not what they’ve done. Thank him for making you feel. Small details like these will always make you and your partner happy.
3. When using humor to spice up the relationship, be careful not to only playfully taunt and hurt with bickering.
While having fun with your partner, be careful not to offend or hurt them. Making jokes in the relationship is fun, using your humor and adds excitement to the relationship, but be careful not to hurt him.
4. Compare with others just to highlight your partner’s strengths and abilities
Just as you don’t like comparing yourself to someone else, don’t do it for your partner either. Instead of comparing her weaknesses with someone else, give examples that highlight her strengths.
5. Discuss carefully with your partner to resolve differences during conflicts
Arguing is perfectly normal in a relationship, but use these discussions to express your opinion. Keep your discussions solution-oriented, not to prolong the discussion.
6. Speak directly to your partner instead of sharing your grievances with others
Try to settle your arguments with your spouse first, rather than talking to others. Of course, it is very normal to share with others and get help from someone whose opinion you believe in, but first try to deal with it with your spouse.
7. Prohibit any form of humiliation, including rolling eyes
When arguing with your partner, do not go out of respect. Arguing means voicing your differing opinions and resolving them. This should never be an insult to the other person.
8. Remove impatient and angry tones from your communication
When communicating, pay attention to your language of communication, especially when discussing a topic. Your communication language is one of the most important points of discussion, so the calmer your communication language is, the less violent your fights will be.
9. When your partner makes the wrong choices, be compassionate and reassuring by saying something like, “We all make mistakes and we can learn from them.”
We are human and we can all make mistakes so never forget that your partner can make mistakes too. Instead of insulting him when he makes the wrong choice, express that you show him compassion and that this can be very normal.
10. Confirm with your words that they are important, with encouraging words like “great idea”
A few nice and motivating words or phrases will make him feel important. If you want to make her day better, even if you want to support her even in her worst decisions, remember that you can make her happy with a few motivating sentences.
11. Respect your partner’s style
Everyone is a colorful character, some are closer to our style, while others are very different. Always respect her style, her wishes, whether it’s very different or not, create a space for her.
12. Support your partner’s choices whenever you can
Remember that your partner needs your support the most. Always support his decisions and choices, it will make him very happy.
13. When you make a silly choice, apologize as soon as possible
You can make wrong decisions or make wrong choices. The important thing is to learn from them and apologize to the other person and not repeat the mistakes. So first of all, let him know your realization that you did wrong and then apologize.
14. Tell your partner that you are proud of them
Declare to your partner that you will be proud under all circumstances. Always let him know that you are proud of him to motivate him, to revive your relationship, or to encourage him because he may need your affection and encouragement.
15. Declare your respect for your partner in front of others
Tell your partner that you are very happy with the relationship you have created together and that you are happy to have a partner worthy of your respect. Remember that it is not enough to just tell him that you are proud of him or that you love him, express it when you talk to others.