“A true friend stabs you in the front.” ~ Oscar Wilde
I agree with that guy. I don’t think there is a single soul in this world that is not capable of hurting anyone but a real friend will be open about the fact that he is doing it to you.
These are the movies that prove that theory, movies that truly define what friendship is all about.
And yes, I recommend you watch these movies. Great filmmaking.
10. Now and Then
Directed by: Lesli Linka Glatter
Simply put, this is a coming of age story of four girls who made a pact to be there for each other no matter what.
If you dig deeper, there really is more to it. For one, it shows you that growing up has a way of screwing you up. It makes many things in your childhood that you hold so dear seemingly unimportant. It fades things away, pushes everything away from you, even the people that contributed to molding you to become the person you hope to be. Often, it is not until it is too late that we all realizes the value of the things we had when we were kids. And often, it is only until it is too late that we realize the things that really matter are the things we had when were kids like the TV shows that made you laugh, the songs that made you dance, the breakfast that made you look forward to waking up, and the friends that make everything in your life make sense.
9. Thelma & Louise
Directed by: Ridley Scott
Hardcore. It’s just hardcore.
8. Free Willy
Direceted by: Simon Wincer
The nice thing about loving animals… is that it knows how to love you back. Unlike effin’ humans.
That being said, the movie is about this weird connection about a dolphin and a boy. And also about how the dolphin gave the boy this one purpose in his life, a purpose that he will remember for the rest of his life. A purpose that will assure him his life didn’t go wasted because at one point, he did something great for this dolphin whole loved him back greatly.
7. When Harry Met Sally
Directed by: Rob Reiner
This movie debunked so many taboo topics that prevail in the popular culture:
1) Women fake orgasms
2) A man and a woman can be friends… just friends. Deal with it.
3) It is so nice when you can sit with someone and not have to talk.
4) Sleeping with someone after a break up doesn’t mean you’re over you’re ex.
5) There are two kinds of women: high maintenance and low maintenance.
6) Everyone has a dark side.
7) You should be with your bestfriend.
Directed by: Phil Karlson
Watch the original, the 1972 version.
If you liked this list you should also check out:
- Top 10 Most Influential & Awesome TV & Movie Friendship
- Top 10 Cutest Male & Female BFFs in Movies
- Top 10 Sweetest Things Women In Movies Did Or Said For Love
- Top 10 Movies with Very Few Actors
- Top 10 Best Chickflicks for Guys