If you’re planning on getting hitched, don’t.
If you insist, read below. Hollywood offers the best tips on anything including how to propose.
Follow their lead. There isn’t anything better than to take it from the most brilliant set of human being on earth.
10. Sweet Home Alabama: You do not have to buy a ring, just bring her to a jewelry shop and make her choose. You will score bigger points.
The set up: Andrew (Patrick Dempsey) is the country’s next JFK and Melanie (Reese Witherspoon) the country’s next Donatella Versace. Did you throw up a little? Andrew proposes in the beginning of the movie and she says yes.
Andrew took Melanie to Tiffany’s—after-hours —and got down on one knee. The scene really entered fantasyland when he gestured to every diamond around and said, “Pick one.”
9. Runaway Bride: Make her propose.
The set up: Ike Graham (Richard Gere) does a feature on Maggie Carpenter (Julia Roberts) who is known from running away from her groom during weddings. He eventually falls in love with her and he proposes. As expected, she runs away from him during their wedding realizing she doesn’t really know herself that is why she can’t give herself up to anyone.
The proposal: After realizing she might have allowed her “the one” slip out of her hands, Maggie figured out who she really is and when she was all set, she looked for him. This is for the unique females who are bold and daring and ready to propose. Watch this and learn from it. This is what any gender would want to hear when proposed to.
8. Pride and Prejudice: Before proposing in the rain, insult her first.
The set up: They are world apart. His family doesn’t like her.
The proposal: DARCY: Miss Elizabeth. I have struggled in vain and I can bear it no longer. These past months have been a torment. I came to Rosings with the single object of seeing you. I had to see you. I have fought against my better judgement, my family’s expectation, the inferiority of your birth, my rank and circumstances – all these things -but I am willing to put them aside and ask you to end my agony
LIZZY: I don’t understand.
DARCY: I love you. Most ardently. Please do me the honor of accepting my hand.
7. Little Women: When she says no, insist. She will still say no but insist again..
The set up:
Jo and Laura are two tremendously in love and perpetually fighting couple.
He proposed. They argue the entire time and she said no. He insisted but she still said no.
6. The Wedding Singer: Do it in a plane with a terrible singing voice.
The set up:
You have to be Adam Sandler.
He sings to her – I want to grow old with you. The voice was terrible but the gesture was sweet as he did it in a plane where every passenger could her.
If you liked this list you should also check out:
- Top 10 Sweetest Things Women In Movies Did Or Said For Love
- Top 10 Legendary Lessons from Legendary Celebrities
- Top 10 Painful Break Up Scenes In Movies
- Top 10 Most Romantic Songs of All Time
- Top 10 Cutest Male & Female BFFs in Movies